Things You Ought to Know
Accomplishments of the Kosciusko County Historical Society
- Converted, re-modeled, maintain and staff the former historical Kosciusko County Jail as a museum.
- Converted, re-modeled, maintain the Pound Store, Oswego, the oldest commercial building in the county and provide docents on Sunday afternoons in the summer.
- Renovated the historical Chinworth and Groninger Bridges as part of the Lake City Greenway, a bike/hike trail with an access to a Tippecanoe River canoe launch site.
- Rededicated the historic Kosciusko County Court House after it's restoration in 1996
- Preserved Kosciusko County history by the preservation and acquisition of historical artifacts.
- Custodian of the Boice Films, a collection of historic films of Kosciusko County from the 1920'0 - 1950's.
- In cooperation with the Pfliederer Trust, produced a film series from the Boice Collection of Kosciuso County service Men and the families as they left to serve in WWII.
- Hosted numerous local home tours from Indiana Historic Sites and Structures Inventory.
- In cooperation with Historic Landmarks Foundation of Indiana, published the Kosciusko County Interim Report, a Sites and Structures inventory of the county.
- Regularly host museum tours for Kosciusko County school children and adult groups both within and out of the state.
- Developed a vintage clothing collection.
- Publish the Thaddeus, a quarterly publication for your membership on Kosciusko County history.