The Chinworth Bridge was built in 1897 by the Bellefontaine Bridge and Iron Company of Ohio. It is a single-span, 140-foot iron bridge, which is the last remaining Pratt through truss bridge in the county. In 1924, US 30 bypassed the bridge and the adjacent land was established as the Tippecanoe Rest Park. The bridge was closed to vehicular traffic in 1975. Soon after the bridge and park were leased by the Kosciusko County Commissioners to the Kosciusko County Historical Society. In 1997, The Chinworth Bridge was listed in the National Register of Historic Places.The Chinworth Bridge Trail is part of the Lake City Greenway. The trail begins at the park on Old US 30 where there is parking, a picnic shelter and a canoe launch. The trail is approximately 1.9 miles long and connects the City-County Athletic Complex to the west side of Warsaw
Become a Member!
Memberships are available for the Kosciusko County Historical Society. We’d love to invite you to purchase a membership with us and learn about our history!